Data Management in Science Back
Our course „certified data manager in sciences“ communicates methods on sustainable management of data and documents. The course focuses on the Life Sciences. It combines theory lessons and practice sessions to convey the knowledge that the participants need to organize lab data, utilize metadata and use different types of software for managing, integrating and analyzing data. The participants will learn basic concepts about NoSQL database management systems, as well as methods to measure data quality and methods for data preparation to enable data analytics. The course also focuses on organizational aspects and data management planning, covering the complete life cycle in a typical project.
- You know software and procedures to extract metadata from files and systems.
- You know how to describe and model metadata.
- You know advantages of using metadata standards.
- You know the differences of data warehouse and data lake systems.
- You are able to prepare and integrate data with data-integration software.
- You know how to query data from semi-structured sources.
- You know methods for data quality management.
- You know software and procedures for the detection of data quality problems and you know which procedure is used in which context.
- You know advantages and limits of visual and statistical data analytics.
- You know requirements of different analytical procedures.
- You know how data must be represented for implementation of different analytical procedures.
Data Management Planning
- You know data management software and their cost structures.
- You are able to plan and budget data management.
- You know risks in and know how to optimize data management.