Managing Change Back
Business leaders, project managers, line managers
This course will draw on a full range of behavioural and procedural concepts and techniques in a participative and practical way, to equip participants with the necessary skills and tools for effective business change.
- Behavioural responses and influences for change
- Positive and negative change ‘journeys’
- Resistance and motivation
- Strategic and tactical factors for implementing change
- Identifying key messages for communication
- Stakeholder analysis and management
- Alternative change management and communication approaches
- Embedding and measuring business change
- Development of draft business change management plans
The course is highly interactive and will involve discussion, individual and group exercises.
By the end of the course participants will have:
- Increased their awareness of how they and their stakeholders might experience and respond to change
- Learned some influencing strategies for effective business change
- Identified potential strategic and tactical approaches for implementing change within their organisations.