MSc Medical Biology (Specialising in Medical Cell Biology) Back
The programme gives the students a comprehensive understanding of medical cell biology and related techniques and trains the student in experimental lab work and scientific thinking. Focus is on the relationship between fundamental research and the development of new treatment strategies. Depending on the student's interests she / he will be part of a research group that conducts basic research or translational research.
Students will be trained in an active academic environment through daily contact with researchers and other students in the laboratory. It is possible to take parts of the programme at a foreign educational institution. Application for advance approval should be sent to the programme committee in due time.
After fulfilling the master programme students should be able to:
- Elaborate on key cellular processes in eukaryotic cells.
- Explain commonly used methods in medical basic research.
- Plan and implement simple molecular and cell biology experiments and critically assess the results.
- Search relevant scientific literature and understand its contents.
- Express themselves scientifically both in writing and orally.
- Have a sound scientific way of thinking in relation to the work.
Masters - Full time
- Start date:
- 2 Years
- Teaching method:
- Bergen, Norway
- NOK 0.00
- NOK 0.00
- Tuition fees
|Module name||Credits (ECTS or CATS)||Duration||Core / elective / recommended||Available as Short course (CPD)|
|Cell Communication and Intracellular Signaling||10 ECTS||core|
|Masters thesis||60 ECTS||core|
|Methods in Medical Cell Biology||25 ECTS||core|
|Basic Human Pathology||5 ECTS||elective|
|Biomedical nutrition physiology||5 ECTS||elective|
|Human Immunobiology||10 ECTS||elective|
|Tumour Biology||10 ECTS||elective|