Anglia Ruskin University Back
University accreditation applies to courses from this institution
Anglia Ruskin’s story starts in 1858, when the art critic, patron and philanthropist John Ruskin opened Cambridge School of Art. The art school grew to become Anglia Ruskin University, and it’s still at the heart of our modern-day campus in Cambridge.
Over the years, a number of colleges and institutes have become part of Anglia Ruskin. They include the Cambridgeshire College of Arts and Technology (CCAT) and the Essex Institute of Higher Education (formerly the Chelmer Institute – itself formed from the Mid-Essex Technical College and the Brentwood College of Education). At first, these colleges combined to become Anglia Polytechnic, and then Anglia Polytechnic University in 1992. We’ve been known as Anglia Ruskin University since 2005.
We’re proud to count graduates of all these institutions among our alumni.
Our Mission and Values
We are exceptional and imaginative in the advancement of knowledge and education of students. We are passionate about collaboration, innovation and transformation to enhance social, cultural and economic well-being.
- A sense of belonging. We are proud to be part of Anglia Ruskin University. We know that lifelong relationships are formed here.
- Academic ambition. We want our teaching and research to be excellent. We are determined that our students and staff will realise their full potential.
- Innovation. We are purposeful, challenging and curious about our world. We are prepared to do things differently. We are creative, entrepreneurial and bring enthusiasm to everything we do.
- Supporting each other. We are friendly and inclusive, and celebrate individuality and diversity. We support and encourage everyone, and strive hard to anticipate and meet needs and aspirations.
- Honesty and openness. We operate with integrity, trust and respect for each other and we deliver on our promises. We share ideas, information and challenges and we seek out views and opinions.
- Concern for the environment. We want our concern for a sustainable environment to inform every aspect of what we do.
United Kingdom (GB/UK)
+44 (0)1245 493131