Imperial College London Back
University accreditation applies to courses from this institution
Imperial College London is a science-based university with an international reputation for excellence in teaching and research.
Consistently rated amongst the world's best universities, Imperial is committed to developing the next generation of researchers, scientists and academics through collaboration across disciplines.
Located in the heart of London, Imperial is a multidisciplinary space for education, research, translation and commercialisation, harnessing science and innovation to tackle global challenges.
Facts and figures
- Imperial is home to 14,700 students and 8,000 staff.
- Over 6100 degrees are awarded by Imperial College London every year.
- We are an international community, attracting undergraduates from more than 125 countries.
- The College focuses on the four main disciplines of science, engineering, medicine and business and is renowned for its application of these skills to industry and enterprise.
- Excellence in education is at the core of Imperial’s ethos and is reflected in UK and international rankings. Find out how Imperial performed this year.
- Imperial is home to the greatest concentration of high-impact research of any major UK university. More about how the College performed in Research Excellence.
- Imperial holds a Silver Athena Swan award, which recognises advancing women's careers in science, technology, engineering, maths and medicine in academia.
- Distinguished members of the College include 14 Nobel laureates and two Fields Medallists. Read more about our people.
South Kensington Campus
United Kingdom (GB/UK)
+44 (0)20 7589 5111