National Institute of Biology Back
University accreditation applies to courses from this institution
The National Institute of Biology (NIB) is a public research institute formed by the Government of RS with the following intentions:
- Creation of new fundamental knowledge in the field of biology and related natural and environmental sciences.
- Transfer of this knowledge to use with the intention of improving the quality of life, of supporting the environmental policy, and of development in biotechnology.
This mission is implemented with three types of activities:
- Creation of new knowledge with basic research in the field of biology and fields of related natural sciences, environmental protection, biotechnology and biomedicine and publishing in various scientific publications;
- Introduction of newly created knowledge into praxis for the needs of state and local bodies and for economic subjects with the goal of improving the quality of life;
- Education at the undergraduate and graduate level, which comprises:
- Training of young researchers in the graduate studies until acquiring a doctorate;
- Lectures at graduate programmes of Slovene Universities and other institutions of higher education and professional schools;
- General educational activities on programmes of other schools and various seminars and workshops
We wish to create elite knowledge and technologies in the field of life sciences and their environments as an internationally renowned autonomous institution. We will be taking care of the satisfaction and education of top-level personnel through good organization and state-of-the-art equipment. We will ensure our long-term development in close association with the society and the business sector.
Večna pot 111
+386 59 232 700